SEO is useful both for occupying a good position on Google, which can provide advertisement to potential clients, as well as for online branding, which is essential nowadays, when clients research products or services online before purchasing them.
Search Engine Optimization implies both the website’s internal optimization (On-page SEO), as well as creating backlinks on other websites (Off-page SEO).
1 – On-page SEO
It is the search engine optimization of the website and, thus, of the target key words.
For the website’s internal optimization we need to:
- improve the website’s upload speed
- optimize the title for all the pages on the website
- set meta descriptions
- set the images’ titles and the ALT attributes
- create the sitemap
- make sure that the website has a functional, mobile optimized and responsive version
2 – Off-page SEO
It is made up of all the techniques which are applied for improving a domain’s online authority.
For off-page SEO it’s important that we:
- create backlinks to it on other domains
- post articles and advertorials on other related websites
- post press releases which link to our website
- analyze the existing link profile and gradually improve it
It’s essential to create backlinks to our website, originating from websites which are specialized in our field of work or general websites, for instance, news websites, press releases or online marketing portals.
SEO promoting is effective over time and it is mainly an investment for your website. It must be performed gradually and the activity must be continuous.
Alternatively, there is the option of pay-per-click advertising on Google, Adwords, which provides instant online visibility and thus, clients.